Implant Dentist in Mt Prospect, IL 60056
Dr. Ryan received his Bachelor Degree in Biological Sciences from the University of Northern Illinois. He then received his Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree from Loyola Dental School. Upon completion, Dr. Ryan continued with his Residency and Specialty training in Periodontology at the University of Illinois Dental School, Chicago Medical Campus. He served as an associate faculty member in the Department of Periodontology at the Dental School.
Robert James Ryan, DDS – Implant Dentist in Mt Prospect, IL 60056
Dr Ryan has completed advanced training in Dental Implantology and is a Credentialed Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry. He is a member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, International Congress of Implantologists, American Acadamy of Periodontology, the Illinois Society of Periodondists, and has served on numerous committees of local dental societies, including past President of the Northwest Suburban Branch of the Chicago Dental Society. Dr. Ryan has presented numerous seminars on Periodontology and implantology and is the founder of Prospect Study Group, dedicated to continuing education in the field of Implantology.
Dr. Ryan is married to his wife Nancy for 38 years, and has two children. He is active in St. Anne parish in Barrignton where they have resided and raised their family for over 25 years. They both enjoy numerous outdoor activities in the summer, and skiing in the winter.
Below is a profile of Dr. Ryan from his CV.
- Comprehensive experience in patient treatment planning, periodontal, reconstructive, and implant surgery.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of periodontal treatment, both surgical and non surgical.
- Proficient in all forms of hard and soft tissue reconstructive surgery with special expertise in cosmetic/root coverage procedures.
- Proven abilities in dental implant planning and placement using Simplant and Materialise techniques. Skilled in extraction and immediate implants with provisionalization using acrylic temps, Essix, Snap-on–Smile and flippers.
- Perform most forms of ridge augmentation and sinus elevation procedures using particulate, barriers, and bone block grafting techniques. Special talent in ridge splitting/expansion surgery.
- Capable of doing apicoectomies either prescription or during periosurgery should the need arise, as well as extraction of impacted thirds and implant retrieval/removal and most forms of common surgical procedures including soft and hard tissue biopsies.
- Considerable experience in managing desquamative oral and gingival lesions via immunologic biopsy techniques and medication.
- Utilize oral conscience sedation techniques to manage apprehensive patients
- Knowledgeable in training and supervising clinical staff/hygienists in protocols for managing periodontal patients with appropriate algorithms and provide direction and organization in establishing an in-office periodontal program
Dr. Robert Ryan is one of approximately 300 clinicians in the entire United States who enjoy the credentials , ”Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry”, and one of only three Periodontists in the state of Illinois.
The ABOI/ID Diplomate designation symbolizes the highest level of competence in implant dentistry. Certification by the ABOI/ID attests to the fact that a dentist has demonstrated knowledge, ability, and proficiency in implant dentistry through a rigorous examination process.
The certification process is the most extensive credentialing exam in the field of Implantology, ensuring in-depth knowledge, and proficient skills and abilities in both the surgical and restorative aspects of implant dentistry as well as in critical aftercare even if they perform only the surgical or restorative phase. There are no other comparable credentialing examinations in Implantology that matches this.